Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa
Clopton Bridge, Stratford-upon-Avon, England CV37 7HP
- Built in 1500
- 113 rooms
- 2 stories
- Smoke-free property
- Business center and 1 meeting room
- Conference space
- Luggage storage
- Front-desk safe
- Dry cleaning/laundry services
- Free lobby newspapers
- Tour/ticket information
- Wedding arrangements
- Patio area
- Electric kettle and free tea bags/instant coffee
- Private bath with shower or bathtub
- Hair dryer and free toiletries
- High-definition TV with cable service
- Desk and phone
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Climate control
- 24-hour room service
- Public areas: Free WiFi
- Guestrooms: Free WiFi
Drinking + Dining
- A bar/lounge and a restaurant
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner available
- 24-hour room service offered
Drinking + Dining Details
Cooked-to-order breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 10 AM for a fee.
Manor Restaurant - Fine-dining restaurant specializing in British cuisine and serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Blue Lounge - Restaurant.
Manor Bar - Bar.
Recreation features at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa include an indoor pool, a sauna, and a fitness center.
- 1 indoor swimming pool
- Full-service spa
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone and deep tissue massages
- Treatments for expecting mothers
- Body wraps and scrubs
- Fitness center
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible parking
- In-room accessibility (in select rooms)
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Well-lit path to entrance
- Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
Stratford-upon-Avon The nearest major airports are:
Nearby Places of Interest
The nearest major airports are:
- In the historical district
Arrivals + Departures
The front desk is open 24 hours a day. Driving? This property offers parking (fees apply).
- Check-in: 3:00 PM
- Check-out: 11 AM
- Minimum check-in age: 18
Special Check-in Details
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
- This property welcomes pets for GBP 15 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- Guests can request a pet-friendly room by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals exempt from fees
Things To Know
- This property is managed by a professional host. The provision of housing is linked to their trade, business, or profession.
- Charges for extra guests may apply and vary depending on the property's policy.
- A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges, as well as a government-issued photo ID, may be required at check-in.
- Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in and can't be guaranteed. Certain requests may come with additional charges.
- Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds and rollaway/extra beds.
- This property accepts credit cards and debit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- The credit card used at check-in for incidentals must be in the name of the primary guest who made the reservation.
- Onsite safety features include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast and through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- There are no elevators.
- No cribs or infant beds are available.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification may be required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- This property is managed by a professional host. The provision of housing is linked to their trade, business, or profession. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds and rollaway/extra beds. This property accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Eurocard, Barclaycard, and debit cards. Cash is not accepted.
For guests' safety, the property includes a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards in each accommodation. This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place. Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F. Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; guests are provided with hand sanitizer. Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available. Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast and through room service. Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
These fees and deposits will be charged at check-in, check-out, or the time of service.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: approximately GBP 24 per person
- Self parking fee: GBP 7 per day
- Pet fee: GBP 15 per pet, per night
- Service animals are exempt from fees
This list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits might not include tax and are subject to change.
- Alveston Manor
- Alveston Manor Hotel
- Macdonald Alveston
- Macdonald Alveston Hotel
- Macdonald Alveston Manor
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel Stratford-upon-avon
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Stratford-upon-avon
- Macdonald Hotel Alveston Manor
- Macdonald Manor
- Macdonald Alveston Manor & Spa
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa Hotel
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa Stratford-upon-Avon
- Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa Hotel Stratford-upon-Avon
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa provides free cancellation on some room rates. For additional details, look at the cancellation policy on Orbitz.
Cleanliness measures at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa include enhanced cleaning, gap periods between guest stays, hand sanitizer for guests, and contactless check-in / check-out.
Guests positively rate the hotel's central location in Stratford-upon-Avon, just steps from Stratford Butterfly Farm, and within a 10-minute walk of The River Avon Trail and Royal Shakespeare Theatre. You'll also find Shakespeare's Birthplace and Town Hall Stratford upon Avon less than a mile away.
Yes, self parking is available for a surcharge. Accessible parking is also available for guests.
There is a full-service spa available for guests to enjoy and services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, aromatherapy, and body wraps.
No, Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa doesn't have a casino.
Yes, this hotel has an indoor pool.
Couples staying at this hotel will appreciate amenities like around-the-clock room service as well as a full-service spa and wedding services.
No, but guests can enjoy a steam room at this hotel.
Yes, Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa serves a cooked-to-order breakfast for a surcharge each morning at Manor Restaurant.
Although they can't stay for free, dogs are welcome at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa for a fee of GBP 15 per pet, per night.
No, there aren't connecting guestrooms at this hotel.
The closest major airport to Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa is Birmingham Airport (BHX), which is 26.8 mi away (30 minutes by car). Another top airport is Coventry (CVT), which is located 18 mi away (31-minute drive).
No, you won't find guestrooms with balconies at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa.
Take advantage of the wedding venue at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel & Spa if you plan to say "I do" during your trip.
Built in 1463, much of the original house survives and you'll see some original furniture too, including the Hathaway bed.What is the postcode for Alveston Manor? ›
Travelling by Road
For satellite navigation systems our postcode is CV37 7HP.
The Alveston Manor is the flagship property of the Swanne Group which was established in 2008 through a joint family venture.Who lived in Alveston Manor? ›
Alveston Lodge, next south of the rectory, is traditionally said to have been the residence of William More, Prior of Worcester 1518–35.Which city is Alveston Manor located in? ›
A handsome manor house set in stunning grounds, Alveston Manor hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon offers luxury, elegance and a real sense of history.What postcode is Manor Park? ›
Since 1965, Manor Park has been part of the London Borough of Newham, a local government district of Greater London. The area forms the majority of the London E12 postcode district.What postcode is boundaries mansions? ›
Boundaries Mansions, Boundaries Road, Balham, SW12 8EZ.Who owns the manor at Sway? ›
Timothy Holloway - Owner - The Manor at Sway | LinkedIn.Who owns Tankersley Manor? ›
French hospitality group Accor has announced that Tankersley Manor Hotel in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, has been rebranded to a Mercure hotel following an “ extensive refurbishment.Who owns Inglewood Manor? ›
The owners of the famous Peckforton Castle and Nunsmere Hall have bought Inglewood Manor in Cheshire. The Boutique Hotel Group (BHG), which is run by the Naylor Family, has purchased the beautiful Inglewood Manor for a seven-figure sum, to further expand their impressive property portfolio.
Ralf de Chenduit's family built a manor on the site in about 1300; it passed to Richard and Alice Parker in about 1364, to John Cheyne, the local squire, in about 1560 and then to John Beale, a London grocer, in about 1650.How old is Chilworth Manor? ›
Chilworth was a monastery in the 11th Century and is so recorded in the Domesday Book.How old is Howfield Manor? ›
The original building dates from 1181 as a monastic site for the monks of the Priory of St Gregory. The footprint of building would have consisted of a chapel and great hall with the working dairy probably where Howfield Farm now stands, along with mills and fishing rights through the Stour valley.How old is Thornton Manor? ›
Thornton Manor is a grade II* listed Elizabethan-style house built in the middle of the 19th and early 20th century and surrounded by exquisite park and gardens designed by Thomas Mawson.When was Inglewood Manor built? ›
Inglewood Manor became a listed building in 1985 and opened to the public in June 2004 – whilst it's transition from conference centre to hotel began.How old is Moonfleet Manor? ›
C18, remodelled in 1880 and restored in 1896.When was the Manor hotel built? ›
|The Manor House|
|Owner||Exclusive Hotels and Venues|
When it opened in 1984, Thorngrove Manor was a response to the bland and banal chain hotels of the day. As boutique hotels in 2020 march further into the mainstream, the mission is much the same for this eccentric castle in South Australia. Today, boutique hotels are the norm.How old is Hampton Manor? ›
Sir Frederick Peel was responsible for the building of Hampton Manor in 1855. The Grade II listed building later became a residential home for adults with learning difficulties, closing in 2007 and being sold a year later.Has Thornton Manor burnt down? ›
The cause of a devastating blaze that ripped through a popular Wirral wedding venue has been revealed by the fire service. Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service confirmed to the ECHO last week that the "complex" investigation into the cause of the blaze at Thornton Manor had been completed.
Thornton Manor became the home of the Viscounts Leverhulme.How old is Grafton Manor? ›
The current L-shaped building dates to the early 1500s and was extensively altered around 1567. A fire in 1710 destroyed parts, and restoration work took place in 1860 by David Brandon and in the later 20th century.
The owners of the famous Peckforton Castle and Nunsmere Hall have bought Inglewood Manor in Cheshire. The Boutique Hotel Group (BHG), which is run by the Naylor Family, has purchased the beautiful Inglewood Manor for a seven-figure sum, to further expand their impressive property portfolio.Who owns the Inglewood Hotel? ›
The hotel has had 3 owners during its 80+ years and was purchased by current owner Murray Cutbush in 1992. Murray is a passionate hotelier with over 57 years in the industry. He is very hands on, innovative and constantly looking at ways to improve the hotel.How old is Inglewood? ›
Inglewood was the first settlement to be carved out of the 25,000 acre Centinela Ranch in 1888 shortly after a railroad station had been built in the area.Which village is Moonfleet based on? ›
The village of Moonfleet is based on East Fleet in Dorset by Chesil Beach.Is Moonfleet a real village? ›
Though the story is fictional, the family was indeed real. Maximillion Mohune built Fleet House, as it was originally known, in 1603. This residency was short, however: in the 18th century, the house passed into the Gould family, who extended and altered it in fine Georgian style.How old is John Trenchard in Moonfleet? ›
When 15 year-old orphan John Trenchard is banished by his Aunt Jane, he goes to live at the local inn with the mysterious Elzevir Block, whose son has been killed by Customs Officers.